Drop-in sessions are held in the Union buildings in Greenwich and Southwood Site at Avery Hill.
The team works at the Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses. If you’re a student based in Medway, you can get help and advice from the Student Advice Centre at GK Unions (www.gkunions.co.uk).
Our Advice team consists of two Advisers, Jason and Tracy. It’s their job to provide you with the right information and support, and advocate on your behalf to the University to ensure that their methods and policies are taking care of your welfare.
They can advise on a wide range of issues including:
- Academic : Appeals, Complaints, Academic offences, Extenuating circumstances, Disciplinary procedures, Fitness To Practice, Fitness To Study, Interrupting your studies
- Housing : Tenancy agreements, Eviction, Disrepair, Disputes, Deposits
- Health & Wellbeing : Health, Family, Personal safety
- Money : Student finance, Tuition fees, Access to Learning Fund (ALF), Budgeting,Benefits
- Other Issues : Anti-social behaviour, Bullying and Harassment, Disability rights.
Monday - Friday, 12pm - 2pm
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - Greenwich, Dreadnought building
Wednesday and Friday - SU offices, Avery Hill, Southwood site
Advice drop-ins will be finishing on Friday 14th December.
Advice drop-ins will resume on Monday the 14th January at both Avery Hill and Greenwich campus.
The Avery Hill office will be closed from Monday 17th December 2018 until Monday 7th January 2019.
You can still book appointments with an advisor at the Greenwich Campus from Tuesday 18th December to Friday 21st December 2018.
The Advice Service will then be closed at the end of the day on Friday 21st December 2018 until Monday 7th January 2019.
The Advice Team will be available by appointment only from the 7th January 2019 until Friday 11th January at both campuses.
Please contact the following services in an emergency during the closure period:
Police/ medical emergency: 999
Housing - Shelterline: 0808 800 4444
Samaritans: 116 123
NHS non-emergency: 111
Book an appointment online