Drop-in sessions are held in the Union buildings in Greenwich and Southwood Site at Avery Hill.
There will be no drop in sessions from Monday 8th April until Monday 29th April . Students can still book appoinments to see an advisor. The Advice service will be closed from Thursday 18th April at 5pm for the Easter Break and will re-open on Tuesday 23rd April
The team works at the Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses. If you’re a student based in Medway, you can get help and advice from the Student Advice Centre at GK Unions (www.gkunions.co.uk).
Our Advice team consists of two Advisers, Jason and Tracy. It’s their job to provide you with the right information and support, and advocate on your behalf to the University to ensure that their methods and policies are taking care of your welfare.
They can advise on a wide range of issues including:
- Academic : Appeals, Complaints, Academic offences, Extenuating circumstances, Disciplinary procedures, Fitness To Practice, Fitness To Study, Interrupting your studies
- Housing : Tenancy agreements, Eviction, Disrepair, Disputes, Deposits
- Health & Wellbeing : Health, Family, Personal safety
- Money : Student finance, Tuition fees, Access to Learning Fund (ALF), Budgeting,Benefits
- Other Issues : Anti-social behaviour, Bullying and Harassment, Disability rights.
Monday - Friday, 12pm - 2pm
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - Greenwich, Dreadnought building
Wednesday and Friday - SU offices, Avery Hill, Southwood site
Please contact the following services in an emergency during the closure period:
Police/ medical emergency: 999
Housing - Shelterline: 0808 800 4444
Samaritans: 116 123
NHS non-emergency: 111
Book an appointment online