Advice Service

The Students’ Union Advice Team offers free and confidential advice for students at the University of Greenwich.

The team is independent of the University, as is the Union, meaning we can give you an impartial view and support on any issues you face.

Everyone faces obstacles or barriers; if you encounter any during your time at University, talking to our Advice team is the first step to get through them, tackle a range of academic and non-academic issues, and continue at University successfully.

Get in touch 

Submit your enquiry through our online form and we will aim to get back to you within three working days.

Go to our Contact Form

Take our Wellbeing Checklist



Online service


For your safety, all of our Advice Service has moved online and stopped all face-to-face advice.

When you get in touch with the team, please email and leave your student I.D. number and a telephone contact number so that we get back to you.

If your query is about the Coronavirus, then there is some very useful information on the University of Greenwich website.

Exams and Assessment FAQs University FAQs


The University Student Wellbeing Service can support you if the pandemic is affecting your mental health:

Student Wellbeing Service


If your query is related to the UCU strikes or the move to online teaching following Covid-19 then please visit our website where  there is detailed information on what you need to do if this is affecting your academic programme of study:

Major Disruption Complaints


GSU wants to support you to be as healthy as possible throughout this turbulent period, and we will be providing the most up to date information through our website at

Student information


Our Advisers and supporting staff will be checking the Advice inbox daily, but due to the number of enquiries, it may take us up to three days to respond to your enquiry.


Our team


The GSU Advice Service supports all Greenwich students. If you’re a student based in Medway, you can get help and advice from the Student Advice Centre at GKSU (

Our Advice Team consists of two Advisers, Jason and Tracy. It’s their job to provide you with the right information and support, and advocate on your behalf to the University to ensure that their methods and policies are taking care of your welfare. 

We are currently using members of our Representation and Welcome Desk team to triage to support our Advice Team members. 

The Advice Team can advise on a wide range of issues including:

- Academic: Appeals, Complaints, Academic offences, Extenuating circumstances, Disciplinary procedures, Fitness To Practice, Fitness To Study, Interrupting your studies  
- Housing: Tenancy agreements, Eviction, Disrepair, Disputes, Deposits
- Health & Wellbeing: Health, Family, Personal safety
- Money: Student finance, Tuition fees, Access to Learning Fund (ALF), Budgeting, Benefits
- Other Issues: Anti-social behaviour, Bullying and Harassment, Disability rights.


Please contact the following services in an emergency:

Police/ medical emergency: 999

Housing - Shelterline: 0808 800 4444

Samaritans: 116 123

NHS non-emergency: 111


Advice by Telephone 0208 331 8267 

Students who wish to speak with an advisor over the telephone can call the adviceline and leave a message with their contact details and student id no.

This telephone number is not manned but is monitored daily and an advisor will endeavour to respond to you within 3 working days.


Advice by Email

Please email

We endeavour to respond to all email enquires within 3 working days


Enquiry form 

We are encouraging all students to get in touch with us through our new Enquiry form.

Go to our Contact Form 

When you fill out all of your details on the form, it helps us to speed up the process of getting back in touch with useful guidance.   


Industrial Action

GSU has specifically written regarding the Industrial action which began on 25th February 2020.

If you have concerns please read the guidance provided.

More information





Advice Handbook


We have put the answers to your most commonly asked queries together here. Your solution might be there, so do check it out before you book a drop-in session.


Advice Handbook