Last updated September 2023
- We reserve the right of admission.
- Alcohol must not be brought onto the premises.
- Glasses or bottles must NOT be taken off Union Premises.
- Patrons should leave promptly and quietly at the close of business as directed by security staff.
- Anti-social behaviour may result in ejection and disciplinary action against members.
- Vandalism of Union property will not be tolerated. The Union will pursue the recovery of the cost of the damage.
- Fighting is an automatic disciplinary offence for members and Union staff. University staff will be reported to their departmental head. In all cases, members, guests and staff will be ejected and where appropriate the police called.
- Patrons must adhere to instructions given by Union staff, on duty, at all times.
- Patrons must abide by the Safe Space Policy.
General Entry Conditions
- No re-admission to events.
- All guests of students must present photographic ID.
- Valid forms of photo ID: Passport or Driving Licence (Resource cards are not proof of age
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted on licenced premises, with the exception of children in designated areas at the discretion of the licensee.
- The appropriate admission fee must be paid.
- Members, staff and guests are required to observe the policies of the Union.
- Members banned by the Union or pending a disciplinary hearing are not permitted entry into the Union's bars and venues.
- Members disciplined by the University under the terms of the Partnership Disciplinary Agreement between the Students' Union and the University are not permitted entry into the Union’s bars and venues.
- Admission will be refused to members, staff and guests who appear or act in a manner that gives rise to a reasonable suspicion that they may be under the influence of drink or controlled substances.
- The Students' Union and the University operate a no drugs policy, any breach in this policy will be reported to the police.
- Breaches of these regulations will be dealt with under the Union’s Disciplinary Procedures.
Venue entry policy for ticketed events in GSU venues (Candy Shack, Lower Deck and Deep End)
||University of Greenwich students
||Partner colleges and other University students
||Other guests and staff
||18 and over
||18 and over
||18 and over
||Show a Student ID card and valid photo ID as proof of age
||Show a Student ID, may be asked for valid photo ID as proof of age
||Show valid photo ID
You can use the following as a photo ID:
- International ID card
- Driving license
- BRP card or Home Office approved ID cards with the ‘PASS’ hologram on
Please note, you must bring the original document as we can not accept photocopies.
STRICTLY no physical photo ID, no entry.
Students cannot gain access to our venues for these events with just their Student ID.
- University of Greenwich students are able to sign in a maximum of two guests who must be signed in at the same time as the student. These guests will need to provide valid identification and are the responsibility of the student signing them in.
- Entry will not be permitted without valid identification.
Accessibility note for Lower Deck:
- There is accessible/step-free access to the bar through an external lift.
- There are accessible toilet facilities at the end of the venue, near the dancefloor - please ask Lower Deck staff to direct/assist you.
Admission Requirements Details:
- Life Members of the Union are permitted entry on production of their membership card.
- Union and University staff are permitted entry on production of their ID card.
- Persons attending or organising functions authorised by the Union are permitted entry on production of valid photo ID.
- Guests must arrive and leave with the member or student permitted to sign them in and must not remain on the premises after the member or student has left.
- We reserve the right to retain valid photo ID to gain entry to the premises. Photo ID will be returned to the guest when the guest leaves.
- Members are liable for the cost of any damage caused by their guest.
Related Union Policies