See our full-time vacancies See our student jobs
Hello, and welcome. Thank you for taking an interest in joining Greenwich Students’ Union (GSU).
We are the students' union for the University of Greenwich. We are a thriving organisation, working for and with students based at three campuses in London and Kent.
Our new strategy, GSU Plan 2026, lays out our new goal - we want students to become their best at Greenwich and beyond.
As with many organisations, the Covid-19 pandemic presented challenges for us. However, we pivoted and realigned our services quickly in March 2020 to ensure that students - our members - were fully supported and could access everything from advice to activities from wherever they were. This work continued throughout the 2020/21 academic year, taking the learnings as we went along and using them in the moment to improve our offer, and to plan our next strategy for 2021 onwards.
Key services and projects we've delivered over the past 24 months include:
- Changing our Advice Service offer to offer an online triage service, and delivering appointments online to ensure students could still talk to our Advisers.
- Making our outlets at Avery Hill and Greenwich Covid-safe and introducing new services and offers including online click-and-collect service.
- Welcome programmes in September 2020 and January 2021, offering a range of in-person* and/or online events.
- An award-nominated Wellbeing and Retention Project, where we were commissioned by the University to recruit and train Student Ambassadors to deliver phone call wellbeing checks to every Greenwich student.
- Engagement project at the Avery Hill campus with a dedicated manager role to improve the community amongst students living and/or studying there.
- Online events through our Academic Communities project, a new recreational sport programme called GSUmove, and supporting our vast range of student groups to run digital events.
*Where possible, and with all necessary Covid safety considerations.
GSU with Kent Union has created a new partnership and service delivery model that will be led by GSU with Kent Union and Canterbury Christ Church Union (CCCU) being partners. The new partnership has been set up to be flexible and agile for each organisation based on their University’s campus needs. As the lead Partner in this new model, we are committed to integrating services into the GSU Strategy and have created a new structure across the organisation to ensure this. This has presented some new roles in our team to fill, and here's where you come in.
There's never been a better time to join GSU - you can help shape our work and impact, work in a vibrant and diverse staff team, and meet some great students who are bursting with energy and creativity.
We hope you enjoy reading more about us and our work, our strategy and impact and see a job with us that excites you. Details of how to apply are all on our Job Vacancies page.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Good luck with your application and we look forward to you showcasing how you would be Proud to be GRE.
Want to work in Students' Unions? Explore career pathways and find a job through the SU Careers website and work somewhere professional, but different. Build your career with students' unions. There are more than 550 students' unions across the country, professionally run as separate organisations from the colleges and universities their students attend.
We know that different is good: the more diversity, the better the ideas, the greater the impact. Ensuring students are at the heart of everything we do is a big priority.
We offer challenging and fulfilling work with a commitment to personal development in highly flexible and supportive environments.