Students can’t get benefits – or can they?

Most full-time students are not entitled, but there are exceptions.

  • Do you have children?
  • Are you disabled?
  • Are you over 60?
  • What about if your course is designated as a part-time course by the University?


We can help eligible students to apply for benefits, and advise on benefits issues such as appeals and overpayments.

Any student finance you are entitled to and any other income may affect your entitlement.

For further information, visit Fighting UK Poverty - Turn2us, Citizens Advice, or contact the Greenwich Students’ Union Advice Team for advice and assistance.