The Greenwich Students' Union (GSU) is the representative body of the students at the University of Greenwich. Our services and activities are also accessible by Union and University staff, and members of the general public.
As part of our work, we collect and use data about people who access our activities, services and/or premises to ensure that we can offer the appropriate range of activities, services, support and experiences.
We do this with great care to ensure that information is kept and used securely. We have a Data Protection Officer on our staff team who is responsible for ensuring the Union is compliant with data protection law and regulations; all Union staff and volunteers also receive training and information on how to handle data in their roles.
The information in this section of our website details:
- our policies around how we do this in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- how we collect information
- how we use it and why
- how we get consent from you and other users
- who else collects and processes data for and with us
- how you can find out more about the information we hold about you
- how you can report a breach if you think your data has been misused.
If you want to find out more about your data rights, click here to visit the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website.