Guests Privacy Notice
Updated 21st May 2018
The Students’ Union University of Greenwich (SU) is the representative body of the students at the University of Greenwich. Our services and activities are also accessible by Union and University staff, and members of the general public. As part of our work, we collect and use data about people who access our activities, services and/or premises to ensure that we can offer the appropriate range of activities, services, support and experiences.
How we collect data about Guests
- You may give us information about yourself when you sign up on our website and register an account with us to buy a product/ticket, or sign up to an activity. Once an order has been placed or sign up been made, we (the Union, staff member or student group you’ve purchased from) may contact you by email to confirm your order details and again once your order has been accepted and dispatched (if applicable). If we need to contact you about your purchase, we will use the email address and/or telephone number you’ve submitted to reach you.
- When you visit one of our venues or outlets, we may register your details into our digital Door Entry. For our licensed spaces, Guests need to signed in with a current Union member, and their entry to the venue will be linked to that member. For more information about our venue policies, click here.
- We may combine information you provide to us with information available from external sources in order to gain a better understanding of our members to improve our communication methods, products and services.
What data do we get?
The data the SU gets and/or collects includes and is not limited to:
- Name (first and last)
- House number and post code (Door Entry system)
- Full address (purchases online)
- Date of birth
- Personal email
- Mobile telephone number
We will retain this data for a certain period of time. To see our full data retention schedule for data we collect across the organisation, read the Data Map on our website at www.suug.co.uk/privacy.
If you have any queries, please visit the Privacy section of our website, or contact email@example.com, and our Data Protection Officer will respond.
If you have any queries about the University and their data processing and collection, please contact their Data Protection Officer and University Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.