We're doing something different in 2021.
Join us at the Activities Awards – celebrating the successes of our Societies and Sports clubs. Here we celebrate the achievements of all our Student Groups in their chosen field as well as recognising the outstanding students who contribute to their successes.
In previous years, there have been separate Societies and Sports Awards, but this year we are doing things a little differently. We've decided to showcase and award the achievements of groups across the various categories in one showstopping event, to better celebrate all student-led groups together.
Awards presented on the evening include the coveted Society and sports club of the Year awards, with additional opportunities to celebrate individuals for their commitment to their Student Group and community.
Activities Awards will be on the 23rd April 2021. Ticketing and event information will be coming soon.
Nominations are now open, closing on 31st March.
Nominations are open to all students to nominate members or groups they feel have gone above and beyond this year. See below for awards categories, descriptions and nomination form.
Click here to nominate for the awards!
Register your interest to attend!
Open to all
The Outstanding Committee award is awarded to the GSU Student Group Committee that has:
- Displayed a high level of communication with GSU
- Great organisation
- High level of teamwork and cohesion within the committee
- Good working relationship and communication with their membership
- To have all been a part of the great running of the student group
- To have all acted professionally towards each other, staff and members
Club Development Award
Club Development Award is awarded to the Club who have displayed strong aspects of:
- Growth through the year (whether this be in members or the experience)
- Reaching members online
Outstanding Contribution to Sport
This is awarded to a person who:
- Has gone over and above for their Club
- Has championed Team Greenwich and sport across the board
- Has been key to the development and improvement of Team Greenwich
Club of the Year
Club of the Year is awarded to the Club that has had the most successful year, consisting of many of the following:
- Team spirit
- Online engagement
- Committee Achievements
Club Outreach Award
Club Outreach Award is awarded to the Club deemed to have shown strong aspects of outreach which can include and is not limited to:
- Collaboration either internally or externally
- Strengthened online presence to engage with the wider student community
Adapted to restrictions put in place by:
- Developed an offer which allowed to members remain engaged
- Diversifying an online presence to deliver supplementary activity
- Plans to further build on this innovation to offer continual improvement
Click here to nominate!
Back to top
Society Development is awarded to the Society who has:
- Grown and developed (member numbers or events/activities)
- Pushed for their Society to be bigger and better than previous years
- Developed their offer to members to help achieve their aims and objectives
Outreach and Wider Influence
Awarded to the Society that has shown exceptional influence through outreach by doing any of the following:
- Showed great commitment to charity fundraising throughout the year
- Not necessarily raised the most money, but remained the most dedicated to their cause(s)
- Shown commitment to one or many causes, through fundraising event(s) and activities
- Made connections beyond the University and Students’ Union
- Links with one or more external organisations that benefit the members of the Society
- Formed a valuable link with a sponsor, community group, charity, local organisation or Club/Society from another University
Society Community is awarded to the Society that has:
- Come together and built a great community amongst their members
- A committee who has worked cohesively and who are committed to providing the best possible experience for their members
- Providing an inclusive environment for all students
- Replicated the same aspect of an inclusive community throughout all online spaces
Online Event of the Year
Online Event of the Year is awarded to the Society event that has demonstrated:
- Organisation was well thought out as a result of high-level planning for an engaging event
- Worked together to deliver an innovative and sought-after event
- Engagement was achieved through successful marketing strategy
- Utilisation of available resources to enhance the event offer
Best New Society
Best New Society is awarded to a Society:
- In their first year of existence
- That has made the best progress during their first year, including a commitment to engagement and offering something new to students
- That has gone above and beyond to make a good first impression for themselves
Outstanding Contribution to Societies
Outstanding Contribution to Societies is awarded to the person that:
- Has gone above and beyond in service to their Society or Societies in general
- Has been a dedicated member of their Society and actively engaged with the Students’ Union to help improvement
- Has worked hard to champion the benefits of the student experience through Societies, for both themselves and students around them and future Greenwich students.
Society of the Year
Society of the Year is awarded to the Society that has:
- Had the best run during the year, taking into account activity levels, engagement, involvement with the Union, and overall success and development of all members
- Achieved successes as a Society throughout the year, whether it be in terms of event success, member numbers, achieving awards/nominations etc.
- Actively sought to provide a platform both physically and digitally for members to engage
Unsung Hero Award
Unsung Hero Award is awarded to the individual who may not often be in the limelight, but their contribution to the Society has been vital and this deserves to be celebrated.
This could be the person who always:
- Positively impacts the Society
- Who is not a committee member but is a reliable source who continually facilitates the improvement of the Society
- Actively looked to engage new members
- Actively engages in opportunities to benefit their group
Click here to nominate!
Back to top