Start up Form
For a New Society or Sports Club/Team
Being a Student Group Leader for a society or club is great fun. You gain friends, skills and experience which can help improve your time as a student. It is also beneficial for life after university.
By completing this form, you are agreeing to represent the university and Student’s Union and commit to the following:
- To attend all relevant training provided by the Student’s Union when requested.
- To run the Student Group in line with the Union Constitution and Bye-Laws, with specific reference to Bye-Laws on Sports Clubs & Societies.
- To hold at least one event or activity per term for group members.
- To hold a leadership committee election annually during the designated election period and invite the VP Student Activities.
- To ensure that new leadership committee’s details are provided to the Student’s Union at the close of the designated election period.
Please confirm you have read and agreed to the above: *
What Happens Next?
Our activities team will review your form, if they need more information you will be contacted by email and may be asked to come in for a meeting to discuss your form.
All new clubs and societies must be ratified either through Team Greenwich Executive Committee or Societies Executive Committee. These committees meet regularly and will discuss your form and make the decision on whether to approve the student group.
In the meantime please have a look at the group leader’s handbook which contains all the information you need to be a successful group leader.
If your form was successful, you will then be invited to attend training on how to run a student group which will cover the basics of finance, marketing, getting and keeping members and other useful information.
If you have any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.