We have become aware of an increase in street crime in and around the Greenwich area.
In addition to our tips for staying safe on and off-campus, we also recommend following the advice issued by the Metropolitan Police on staying safe:
• Be prepared: plan your route in advance
• Be assertive: act and walk with confidence
• Be aware of your surroundings
• Hide it: keep valuables out of sight
• Be vigilant and remain alert
• Remember, there is safety in numbers so try to travel with people you know and avoid shortcuts in lonely places.
In an emergency, every second counts.
Should an incident occur please report this to the police immediately. If an incident occurs on campus you should contact Security, the quickest way to do this is through SafeZone, the personal safety app, which you can download from your usual app store.
We also recommend storing our campus-specific emergency contact details in your phone, which are available on our Staying safe on and off campus article.
If you live in halls of residence, we also encourage you to store the numbers for the Resident Assistants (RAs) and hall security in your phone. Finally, our Campus Student Centres provide access to a wide range of student support services and information available to you.