Your GSU Officers for the 2020/21 academic year share their final report.
Your Greenwich Students' Union Officers have been keeping busy this term. It's a key time of year to wrap up projects and set the wheels in motion for the year ahead.
GSU President - Bilal Ijaz
There's been four key areas of work for Bilal.
- International student support paper - which will become Global Centre
- Induction to new April starts on MBA International Business
- UGIC Welcome
- Global Cafe for April starters
- Supporting students from red list countries
Academics and Champions
- Hosting and shortlisting for the Student Led Teaching Awards 2021
- Meeting Faculties DSE
- Meeting with Head of School to highlight the benefits of Academic Communities
- Exams and Assessment Q&A
- Working closely with The Dome project including the interior decoration, and allocation of space within the venue
- Commercial Survey for members feedback
Alumni and Employability
- Part of student to Alumni transition project
- A new strategy formed to focus on International Alumni Ambassadors
- 10000 Black Interns project
- Working with BSEO to support employment outcomes for students
Bilal ends his term as GSU President on Friday 25 June 2021.
GSU Officer - Mayo Femi-Obalemo
- Hosting the SLTAs and shortlisting/selecting nominations
- Attending NUS Liberation Conference to put GSU on a national stage
- Chaired the final Medway student forum
- Announcement of the Medway transfer project to students
- Met with NHS Medway to discuss GP services and wellbeing of Medway students
- Supporting Medway International PG student through visa and work concerns
Postgraduate Students and Personal Tutoring
- Worked on VC PGR Scholarship for BAME students and students with disabilities
- Support more Postgraduate students in the 3MT competition across Faculty heats
Building a more inclusive University
- Hosted Instagram live with ISOC to discuss Ramadan and their upcoming events
- Campaigned to the University to reopen faith spaces on all campuses after they had be shut due to Covid-19 concerns
Mayo ends her term as a GSU Officer on Friday 25 June 2021.
- COP 26 Planning group
- Sustainability Strategy Group
- Activities Awards - hosting the event and supporting the process
- Students Deserve Better rally
- Students United Against Fees Digital Day of Action - letter to Prime Minister Boris Johnson with over 5000 signatures and 28 Students' Unions calling for refunds
- New Term principles review and new student experience principles
- SRC - Grade inflation + degree algorithm changes
Niel ends his term as a GSU Officer on Friday 25 June 2021 and returns to study.
- LGBTQ+ flags went up in GSU spaces as part of Pride Month 2021
- Liberation Network Chair Elections
- Shaping EDI Strategy
- Shaping an activism hub of resources for students
- Supporting the Students United Against Fees campaign
- Hiring for senior staff roles at the University
- University Meetings
- Redesigning programme handbooks
To ask Zoë any questions on her work, email email@example.com as she will be serving a second term as a GSU Officer for 2021/22.