Cocoa Runners are the UK's leading craft chocolate platform.
Over the course of about an hour and half, they will take you on an exploration of the amazing world of craft chocolate. You'll be delving into chocolate's curious history, exploring the diverse geography of the industry, and examining the science of taste and flavour. There'll also be some discussion of the very real social and environmental issues of chocolate, and how 'craft chocolate' is better for people and the planet.
To illustrate all of this, you'll get to taste a diverse range of chocolates, including dark, milk and white. And there'll be some chocolate with surprising texture and sensation along the way too. This virtual session will let you enjoy and engage from the comfort of home. You'll be able to interact with the session; answering questions, asking questions, and sharing your thoughts about each bar. It will all conclude with a fun quiz, with a craft chocolate prize on the line!
How it works:
- Register your free place on the GSU website
- Once you have received an email confirming your place has been reserved you will be invited to collect your chocolate samples from GSU offices at Avery Hill Campus (The Dome).
- You will receive 7 chocolate samples from across the globe
- Hosted on Zoom on the 24th February 2022
- Starts at 7pm and will last for approx 1.5 hours
This is based on a first come first served basis so get in early to avoid disappointment.