Sight loss awareness workshop
London Vision supports blind and partially sighted people who live work and study in London. We deliver bespoke sessions of awareness-raising that demonstrate the challenges faced by blind and partially sighted people on a daily basis. The sessions are practical, relaxed and supported by handouts. We will tell you how to best assist blind and partially sighted colleagues, friends or family and highlight key sources of support.
At the end of the session, you will have an understanding of:
- What sight loss is
- How to keep your eyes healthy
- How to guide a blind person
- The types of technology available to support blind and partially sighted people.
- Where you can direct people for support
- Where you can learn more
Outline session plan (1hour)
- Introductions and Welcome housekeeping
- Practical demonstration of guiding and use of language to support blind and partially sighted people.
- Blindfold walk using a guiding technique, you share your experience
- Eye health -how to keep your eyes healthy.
- Everybody sees differently -the impact of certain conditions.
- Our stories the equipment we use and how you can help.
- Question and practical tasks using simulation glasses
Ensure to register your interest to find out more information and the location of this activity.