Worried about that assignment? Never written an essay before?
No-one was born knowing how to write for academic purposes!
The most common problems for students include:
- Not understanding the purpose of the assignment;
- Locating appropriate academic sources;
- Coping with the volume of reading;
- How to paraphrase and use Harvard referencing;
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Writing difficulties such as structuring assignments;
- The correct use of grammar and punctuation;
- Writing in an objective and conventional academic style.
For general support on academic skills, including information on research, using the library, and one-to-one study skills tutoring, see www.gre.ac.uk/academicskills.
Don't forget - you're paying for your learning! Make sure that you get the most out of your studies, by getting all the support you're entitled to.