How are we keeping COVID safe
We'll keep this page updated with relevant information about what we're doing to keep our spaces open and accessible, whilst keeping you safe. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Safe Charter
A new COVID Safe Charter has been published by the University of Greenwich. It sets out how students and staff should behave during the pandemic and what you can expect from the University, Greenwich Students' Union (GSU) and Greenwich and Kent Students' Union (GKSU). The key messages are:
- We should all follow guidelines set by the University and government, and observing measures to ensure campuses are COVID safe.
- We will all be respectful and sensitive towards others and the communities around us.
- These will be adapted where necessary if there are changes, and students and staff will be kept informed and up-to-date.
- Communication about changes and information will be open and transparent
- The University will work with local authorities and any other institutions and agencies to protect the communities around them.
- Blended offers will be available for learning and socialising.
- Advice and wellbeing support will be available to students and staff.
Click here to read the full Charter.
Welcome Desk in Dreadnought
GSU Welcome team have moved into the office located behind the Welcome Desk in the Atrium, ensuring a safe distance is maintained between staff and students. Students can come to the office and seek help or advice as normal. However, some of the Front of House services will be reduced, such as our binding services. Reception will be open from 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Avery Hill Reception
This will be closed for the foreseeable future. However, any requests can go through our Reception team there via email@example.com.
We will have sanitising stations at both the entrance and exit to the student group corridor that students must use when arriving and exiting.
Social distancing measures in place
Signage is up indicating that students and staff are required to always walk on the left side at all times in all GSU areas, whilst still adhering to the 2 metre social distancing requirement.
The furniture in the Atrium will have clear signage of where you can and cannot sit. Furniture will be removed and positions amended to ensure there is always 2 metre social distancing in place.
Updated 4th November 2020 - our Room Bookings will close for the lockdown from Thursday 5th November. Rooms will be unable to be booked or used.
Postgraduate Room in Dreadnought
The Postgraduate Room will be out of use until further notice.
Lower Deck and Change
Updated 4th November 2020 - they will be closed from Thursday 5th November until further notice.
Test and Trace
We will be using track and trace for our events, where you scan into a space or an event we will hold that data for 21 days. The University is also using NHS Test and Trace in its spaces including libraries.
We are encouraging all students to use the NHS Test and Trace app.
NHS Test and Trace