Welcome to the University of Greenwich Model United Nations Society page!
2020-2021 University of Greenwich Model United Nations will certainly be an adventure of a lifetime. If diplomacy and international relations interests you, come and join our society today!!
In brief, the Greenwich MUN society is a simulation of the United Nations, in which we as a society enter into MUN conferences to represent a given country, in a committee that interests you, in order to discuss, debate and collaborate with other students about the most pressing and controversial matters of our time. The aim of MUN in general is to provide an insight into the United Nations and international relations.
In the 2019 - 2020 academic year the events in which we entered were as those hosted by Queen Mary University, University of Reading and Kings College - London International Model United Nations (LIMUN) among others. Along with universities from all over the world, in 2019 we also annually attended the World MUN Madrid, which is hosted by Harvard University, which is in a different country each year. Due to this year’s World MUN conference being postponed due to Covid-19, University of Greenwich MUN will be attending World MUN Tokyo in Japan in 2021. This a great opportunity to collaborate and network with some of the brightest minds from all over the world, and to attend the spectacular events on offer. Find more here: http://www.worldmun.org/
Due to the success this academic year, in 2020 - 2021, We intend to further expand our societies experience. Uog MUN in 2020-2021 are likely to attend: World MUN Tokyo, Oxford International MUN, London International MUN and Cambridge MUN.
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Model United Nations 2020-2021 is:
• Soma Mohacsi
• Craig Joseph
• James Aran Avci
• Kaash Bhatia
• Lena Schmidt
• Oscar Lock
• Arantxa Infra
• Adhurim Sylejmani
• Zoia Shah
Social Media Secretary
So why join?
1. MUN is an internationally recognized and esteemed platform, so it would look great on your CV if you were a part of it.
2. It gives members an opportunity to enhance and develop vital life skills such as public speaking, debating, writing skills, research as well as critical thinking, and leadership.
3. It’s a fun and social environment where members will engage with delegates from different backgrounds, speaking different languages, hailing from different universities.
4. A great place to build and increase your network.
5. A better place to make new friends.
6. Finally you’ll get to travel to places you’ve never been to before (this year’s Harvard MUN conference is being held in Panama City, Panama).
If you have any questions feel free to send us an email at:
Looking forward to welcoming new members!
See below for all the positions we currently have available: