Yasinur Rashid Jabed
Greenwich Students' Union Officer
You'll be able to keep in touch with Jabed on his social media and email this year.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
What type of student are you?
International, Greenwich Maritime Campus, Full-Time, Mature, Commuter.
Remit: International students Faculty of Business Sustainability including Green Impact Societies IT & Learning Technology Library Employability Campaigns: Mental Health Awareness Cultural Awareness Sustainability
Hey! I am Jabed, I would like to connect Greenwich students for the best student experience, with you! I am an activist and constantly working to empower individuals and build communities. I am concerned about climate change and I am working to raise awareness around sustainability. If you see me, please stop me and say hi when you are around campus to talk more! STAY CONNECTED!
How did you get involved in Greenwich Students' Union?
I got involved in GSU by founding and running Bangladeshi Society (BSoc). Also, I worked as an Activities Committee Member to represent student groups and worked as a Green Ambassador to raise awareness around sustainability. In addition, I got involved by becoming member of different Societies of my interest and a Sports club.
Tell us about your course at greenwich?
I studied BA H International Business with Economics (IBE). IBE prepared me to work efficiently in different cultures and leadership styles. Economics pathway made me aware of the political settings of businesses worldwide.
What makes you #ProudToBeGRE?
Connecting scattered Bangladeshis students and creating a platform makes me #ProudToBeGRE! Worth mentioning, in GSU Activities Awards 2021 BSoc won two awards, Society Community and The Best New Society award in its first year of journey under my leadership. Working as Green Ambassador to make Greenwich green and as Outreach Ambassador for Department of Economics and International Business to encourage primary school students from disadvantage background to study at Greenwich makes me #ProudToBeGRE!
How would your friends describe you in three words?
Funny, Perseverant, Open.
Ask me anything
Your name (if you want to tell me)
Your email (if you want me to respond)
My 2021/22 Manifesto:
Here’s what I want for us
#1 Mental Health
- Increase mental health councillors. (Currently, we’ve only got 2 for 20k+ students!)
- Introduce Mental Health Ambassadors and create support_networks.
- Launch well-equipped Mental Health Website.
- Approval of EC for Mental_Health issues even if you don’t have proof to show.
#2 Societies and Sports Teams development to improve Social Psychology, to keep you Connected
- Make funding’s easily available.
- Promote easy access to increase participation.
- Improved training and continuous staff support for committees.
#3 Academic and Career Development
- Training on effective communication and Mental_health for all staff, increase social media presence for every course to reduce communication gap between students and staffs.
- Make all the course materials available online.
- More part-time job opportunities.
- Student as mentee-mentor! Get a senior student as mentor!
#4 International Students
- Re-launch language course for those who need.
- Arrange International Language Week to celebrate languages.
- More accessible advice service.
- Use Green Ambassador experience to continue making Greenwich_Green!