International Students


We’re glad you made the choice to study at the University of Greenwich.  You are joining a vibrant and diverse community of students from London and across the world, and you are living in a highly diverse and multicultural part of one of the most diverse cities on the planet.

If you’ve read this far, you may already know the Students’ Union exists to support all students to achieve their full potential at the University of Greenwich.  And if you’re not sure what’s available or where to go for help, contact us.  We can’t do everything, but we can help you to make use of services at the University and in the wider community.

And yes, there is life outside the University and the Students’ Union!  Take advantage of your time here to explore London and South-East England.  See:

And don’t forget your student discount to save money!  

Click for more information on...

Click here for information on Study Skills & Guidance, support for Disabled students, English & Maths Skills, and what to do if you’re having problems with your studies. We strongly encourage students to speak to their Personal Tutor if they are struggling, and if you’re not sure what to do, contact your local Students Union Adviser.

If you have personal difficulties affecting your studies, it’s your responsibility to notify the University at the time to get support. Check the Extenuating Circumstances Procedure for reporting problems affecting exams and assignments. For information on University services generally, including academic support, go to the Student Services A-Z:

We would encourage new students to take part in the activities for new students (‘Freshers’) during the Freshers Fortnight. You will get to know your fellow students, the teaching staff for your programme, and the different social societies and sports clubs on offer. Another good reason for staying in University accommodation is that it makes it easier for you to meet with other students after class (and there’s a lot of support for students on campus).

You can find out more about current Clubs and Societies at

To find out about current clubs and societies at the Students’ Union, see:
Remember to register for access to health services with your local doctor. If you want information on local health services, including doctors, dentists and hospitals, please see
The University Chaplaincy Service offers friendship, pastoral care in times of distress, advice, spiritual and personal guidance. The University Chaplains are appointed by their faith communities to work at the University. There is at least one for each campus. They may not be of your faith, but they will offer support and can put you in contact with other faith groups in your area. And as importantly, their support is confidential, non-judgmental, and available to students of all faiths and none. For further information, including details of faith groups near Greenwich and Medway campuses, please see
If you are experiencing problems with your studies, contact your Personal Tutor. Every student should have a Personal Tutor for support throughout their time at University. A Personal Tutor will be allocated to you when you begin your studies. They won’t know the answers to all problems, but they should be able to tell you who you need to contact, or what to do, to get help.
The Students’ Union Advice Services at Greenwich and Medway give free, independent and confidential advice to University of Greenwich students on academic and welfare problems. We will not report what you have told us to the University, unless you want us to, or in rare situations (particularly if your welfare is at serious risk). See: The only thing we cannot advise on is your Student Visa or Immigration status. Students seeking advice on visa or immigration issues should contact the University International Student Advice Service (ISAS) for assistance.
For further information, please see
All students are entitled to support from the Study Skills tutors at the University. There are also a lot of online resources. See: for details.
If you want to practice your English conversational skills, find out about Language Connect groups at . These groups are available for all students.
In our opinion, nearly all international students have the skills to communicate effectively if they’ve got the confidence. The Language Connect groups are a great way to build your confidence, and help you take part in academic and social group activities.