Please note that due to Covid-19, this scheme is currently only available to existing clients. Please contact the university accommodation team for more advice on this.


Are you an International or EU student? Looking to rent somewhere while you study?

The University of Greenwich has partnered with YourGuarantor to help. They can act as a UK rent guarantor for International and EU students (Undergraduate and Postgraduate) renting in the private sector, giving you the opportunity to live off-campus.

A guarantor is someone who will pay your rent if you fall into debt whilst studying. Many private landlords and letting agents request that you have a guarantor for the rent before they will agree to let a property to a student. This will usually be a parent or a guardian.

Landlords/agents will usually require a UK based guarantor, which can often be a problem for international students. If you do not have anyone who can act as your guarantor in the UK, landlords and letting agents may ask you to pay more rent upfront (generally 6-12 months).

YourGuarantor can help you to:

• Cover a maximum of £1,500 per person, per month rent, no other debts
• Rent accommodation with an assured shorthold tenancy (a typical type of tenancy in the UK) 

Get more info and apply online


Housing advice

If you want some advice before, during and after you're in private accommodation, you can contact our Advice team. Find out more about them at, or contact them using the details below.


Advice by telephone - 0208 331 8267 

If you are unable to attend an appointment to see an  advisor in person, you can get speak  with an advisor on over the telephone during the following times:

Monday 2pm to 4pm

Thursday 2pm to 4pm

Outside of these times please leave us a message and one of our Advisers will get back to you.


Advice by email

Please email

We endeavour to respond to all telephone and email enquiries within two working days  


Book an appointment online