Welcome to the Greenwich Model United Nations Society page!
In brief, the Greenwich MUN society is a simulation of the United Nations, in which we as a society enter into MUN conferences to represent a given country, in a committee that interests you, in order to discuss, debate and collaborate with other students about the most pressing and controversial matters of our time. The aim of MUN in general is to provide an insight into the United Nations and international relations.
There are domestic conferences which we intend to enter, such as those hosted by Westminster University, Oxford University and Cambridge University among others. Along with universities from all over the world, we also annually attend the World MUN which is hosted by Harvard University in a different country each year. The past 4 World MUN conferences have been held in Italy, Canada, Panama and Spain respectively. The 2020 conference will be in Tokyo in mid-March. This a great opportunity to collaborate and network with some of the brightest minds from all over the world, and to attend the spectacular events on offer. Find more here: http://www.worldmun.org/
There are other international conferences which we are likely to attend: London International Model United Nations (LIMUN) in February and Munapest in Budapest in April 2020. These will be confirmed throughout the year.1
So why join?
1. MUN is an internationally recognized and esteemed platform, so it would look great on your CV if you were a part of it.
2. It gives members an opportunity to enhance and develop vital life skills such as public speaking, debating, writing skills, research as well as critical thinking, and leadership.
3. It’s a fun and social environment where members will engage with delegates from different backgrounds, speaking different languages, hailing from different universities.
4. A great place to build and increase your network.
5. A better place to make new friends.
6. Finally you’ll get to travel to places you’ve never been to before (this year’s Harvard MUN conference is being held in Panama City, Panama).
If you have any questions feel free to send us an email at:
Looking forward to welcoming new members!