My name is Nele and I'm running to be one of your next GSU Officers. As Liberation Organiser, Outreach Ambassador, Societies Executive, former President and current Treasurer of FemSoc, I have the experience you can count on to ensure the Students' Union works for you.
How will I represent and support you as GSU Officer?
- Equal rights and status for all, including women, LGBTQ+, BAME, people with disabilities and people of faith.
- I will raise your concerns with the university to find solutions to the issues that matter to you.
- I will improve recognition of pronouns, create more safe spaces, prayer rooms, gender-neutral and accessible facilities.
Health & Wellbeing
- I will ensure that students have access to PPE, testing and timely results. This will allow us to undertake our studies and activities safely.
- I will work with the university to expand mental health services for all students as part of a holistic approach to physical and mental wellbeing.
Sports & Societies
- Societies and sports teams are vital to the student experience. The pandemic has disrupted these activities.
- I will ensure that holding events and your return to the pitch will happen in a secure manner. To achieve this, I will set up a fast-track process to deliver funds and equipment immediately.
- I will work towards fairer grading, more contact hours with tutors, and improving academic support for students.
- To achieve this, I will work with faculty officers, departments and the wider university.
Refugee Scholarship Fund
- The refugee scholarship fund enables asylum seekers to pursue higher education at Greenwich.
- I will work to continue and expand this iniative.
- Collaborating with the university, stakeholders and sponsors will enable more asylum seekers to become part of the Greenwich community.
To find out more, click the links below to follow me on social media: