We can make them listen! Vote Steph.
Hello, I’m Steph, I'm in my 2nd-year for Politics and International Relations. I want to become your NUS delegate because I know first hand how difficult university can be, especially during these uncertain times. I want to make sure students have the support and safeguards they deserve!
WHAT I STAND FOR:
- Being a Resident Assistant at McMillan, I have spoken to numerous students who feel pressured to stay in their contracts because of uncertainty regarding online teaching.
- If your course has turned online you should be able to end your contract early.
- There should be compensation for students who have not been living in their accommodation or private housing.
- The government has provided financial relief for workers, and now they need to give financial relief to students.
Mental Health Support-
- Universities are more aware of the importance of mental health and wellbeing but now students need real support by:
- Decreasing waiting times for counselling and GP referrals.
- Making sure there are sufficient solutions for students whether its for a quick chat or dealing with a mental illness.
- Increasing employability for all students because everyone deserves the same prospects when they leave university.
- There should be a variety of options for internships, placement years and jobs for all courses not just in Business and Finance.
Racial Equality and Diversity-
- I want to continue the progress made for racial equality and diversity in education.
- BAME societies deserve to be recognised at a national level to ensure representative communities at every University.
VOTE STEPH #1 NUS
At the conference, we are going to be discussing how best to support students and I want to represent you on a national stage. Want to find out more? You are more than welcome to contact me: