Your Vote, Your Voice, Vote me #1
My name is Boluwatife, I am studying MSc Biotechnology. I am currently the student representative for my program. I enjoy playing sports, painting and volunteering my free time when I can.
I am running for GSU Officer because I can help improve student life and their university experience.
These are the following issues I would like to work on:
1. UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
- Work with the university to open up more funding options for students especially international students.
- Appeal for a partial refund to students that could not continue their studies due to the pandemic.
- Continue to promote the efforts of the university in restoring and protecting the environment.
- Work on early release of results so that intending graduate can start their job search earlier.
2. MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Continue to support the university’s effort in promoting mental health awareness especially to BAME students, international students and students with learning difficulties.
- Help create more outlets for students to get help. Outlets that address specific mental health issues.
3.SPORTS AND SOCIETIES
- Encourage students especially females to get involved in sporting activities.
- Sports competitions within the university.
- Keeping Faith spaces
4. STUDENT LIFE
- Continue to promote inclusivity and diversity in the university.
- More networking events for students.
- Seminars educating international students how to transition and get Tier 2 sponsored jobs in the UK.
For more information/questions: