WANT RESULTS QUICK? VOTE FOR NICK!
My name's Nick and I'm a 3rd year English Language and Teahcing student. I've been heavily involved with GSU since I arrived and have built relationships with staff and student alike. I understand what's expected of me, and I'm here to get things done for students (and get them done quickly)!
INSTAGRAM/ FACEBOOK: @nick4gsu
I’ve worked with students and GSU in the following roles over my 3 years already; regularly fighting for students’ interests and needs.
- Chairman of Rugby
- Chair of Exec committee
- Activities Committee
- Creator/ President of Student Website
- Officer scrutiny panel
I'm from a sports background at uni and I understand the common difficulties of leading a sports team with GSU. Sports and societies are going to need a boost post-Covid, there's no one more dedicated to this than I am.
- Massive increase in promotion of our student groups
- Find new solutions for equipment and transport funding
- Unite Team Gre as a collective and work together towards success
- Advancements in funding for counselling
- Quicker support options than the current waiting list
- Create an accessible, safe space for those struggling with mental health difficulties
- Regular wellbeing checks (with actual follow-ups if there is an issue)
- Shorten reply times from 3 days to 2 days for more fluid GSU- student communication
- Create an easy access channel for society/ sports team interconnectivity
- Help GSU provide solutions to students, not problems
- Create and promote opportunities to incoming students
- Demonstrate the inclusiveness of our pre-existing groups to those who are unsure about getting involved
- Use our students' strengths to get everyone involved
I'm here for you- if there is something missing that you want me to work on, vote me #1 and I promise we'll work to get it done!