Book before 22 August so we can make sure a representative can come along to give your students a 15-minute introduction on everything the Students’ Union offers.
We are now taking requests for Induction talks for September, which last approximately 15 minutes and cover the basics of who we are, the services we provide, including Academic Representation, shops and bars, Societies and Sports clubs.
Here are just some of the reasons it'll benefit your course and your students:
- Proactively signpost to Support Services and Student Representatives: students will find out about the support available from the Advice Service they offer.
- Get support recruiting your Programme Reps: The standard induction talk can be tailored to suit your course's needs, whether that's recruiting Programme Reps or focusing on opportunities for Postgraduate students.
- Encourage your students to get involved in Sports and Societies: Help your students get settled and make the most of their time at university by finding out about the opportunities on offer.
- Hear how the Students' Union represents their academic interests and empowers the student voice: Students will find out how the Students' Union represents students and how they can get involved.
- Ensure the Academic Student Community thrives in your Faculty/course: Help make sure your students are welcomed and feel a part of our university community.
Request a talk now
You can request a talk now using this online form, but please do so before 5pm Thursday 22 August so the Students' Union can make sure a representative will be able to come along.
Please only submit your request once you are sure of the time, date and room, as due to the volume of requests it will be difficult to reschedule any talks during the GSU Welcome period.
Requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis and you will receive an email to let you know your request has been received. You won't get final confirmation until 30 August due to Officer availability, but we will aim to confirm earlier where possible.
If you would like to have your talk tailored to your course or the course's demographics, please email email@example.com to discuss this possibility.
Please note: that we will only be accepting requests at specific campuses on the 17, 18 and 20 of September, in alignment with the team delivering a welcome fair at that location.
- Tuesday 17 September: Avery Hill
- Wednesday 18 September: Medway
- Friday 20 September: Greenwich