Congratulations on becoming a parent! We know you’ve got lots to juggle, so we wanted to give you easy-access to the key information you need.
On returning to University as a nursing mum, you’ll have a meeting with a member of your University staff to conduct a risk assessment for your studies and to learn where our facilities are on site.
All three of the Universities in Medway have facilities for private breastfeeding, baby changing and secure milk storage.
There are areas of the Campus with restricted access to children for health and safety reasons, so if you do need to bring children on site for any reason, please check this out before you arrive. Children cannot be left unattended in any area of the Campus. Any areas that are open to children are also breastfeeding friendly, so there is no requirement to use the private spaces. We can help to make you comfortable in the Student Hub social space opposite reception, please feel free to come and say hello.
Expectant mothers are also encouraged to ask for access to the First Aid rooms for a quiet rest if required.
Private breastfeeding and expressing
- First Aid room in Blake student centre
- First Aid room in Drill Hall Library DB 019
- Both are equipped with a fridge, and a lockable box is available from Facilities Management for the secure storage of milk.
- Rowan Williams Court breastfeed and baby-change room on First Floor equipped with lockable fridge (there is lift access). Chair and footstool provided for your comfort.
- Medway Building Ground floor M0-04 First Aid/medical, breastfeeding and expressing room. Fridge (there is lift access) and chair/medical bed provided for your comfort, ask for Security to gain access.
- Pilkington building room PK112 accessible toilet
- Student Hub accessible toilet
- Rowan Williams Court First Floor