If you have health concerns while studying please see some information below on help that is available.  Please also visit our Emergency Advice page for emergency contacts and university services.


For up to date information on the above outbreak and for best practice while here in the UK please visit the government website here. Students can also view their university's guidance in this matter for the University of Greenwich and the University of Kent.



If you have to pay for prescriptions, eyesight tests or NHS dental treatment you may be eligible for help with the costs through the NHS Low Income Scheme.

To find out if you are eligible, you need to request a HC1 form, fully complete it and send it off.


Sexual Health

There are a number of services that are provided on the Medway Campus.

If any students have any questions or concerns regarding sexual health then the NHS have a Medway Sexual Health Hub.


Kent Sexual Assault Referral Centre

Beach House SARC offers a comprehensive service for adults and children in Kent and Medway, who have experienced sexual violence or sexual abuse. Individuals will be offered support and guidance as well as medical assessments, treatment, a forensic examination, and the opportunity of aftercare referrals for support services. Clients will be offered these services in a non-judgmental manner and based on their individual needs and can choose to use as much or as little of our services as they wish


GP (Doctors)

You should register as soon as possible with a local GP while studying on the Medway campus in case you are ill while in your term time accommodation.


Mental Health Helplines

As well as via our Emergency Advice page Medway Council also have a range of helplines that they promote if you need help and assistance in this area.


Drug and Alcohol Issues?

For help with Drug and alcohol issues contact Turning Point's Medway Active Recovery Centre for advice.