When studying it may be necessary to find employment to supplement your income, below are some basic pointers when considering this.


Need a bit of extra cash to help pay for your studies?

Providing a one-stop service for part time and temporary vacancies, you need look no further for work. With placements ranging from bar and catering work to IT and translation, there is something for everyone.

As well as earning money, you can benefit your future career. Work experience provides you with specific skills which set you apart from other applicants, and are highly valued by employers.

Kent Union run a Jobshop as do Greenwich Student Union  The University of Greenwich also run their own Jobshop,with an array of different jobs available.


National Insurance Number (NINO)

You should have been sent a NINO just before your 16th birthday if you live in the UK and your parents/guardians are receiving Child Benefit for you.

If you haven't received a NINO or if you are an international student and require a NINO to work for an employer in the UK then you can find information on obtaining a NINO on the Government website.