Care Leavers

If you entered University after leaving local authority care, make sure that you know what support and financial help you may be entitled to. It is important to know your rights as a Care Leaver and you should be able to get information from your 16 Plus Worker in the Care Leaving Team at your local authority.

University support

Each University has information on the support they provide for care leavers.

If you study with the University of Greenwich then you can access Greenwich guidance here.

If you study with the University of Kent then you can access Kent information here.

Each University will have a nominated person that you can speak to regarding any issues you may experience for advice and support while you study. As long as you mark down on your University application form that you are a care leaver they should automatically contact you with these details.